AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the right Coordinate system

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mduncan536
8348 Views, 2 Replies

Setting the right Coordinate system

Hello All,

Just started using Map 3D and I am trying to place a run in a specific location in Virgina. I set my coordinate system to "NAD83 Virginia State Planes, North Zone, US Foot". I used both DD and DMS to place my run with the GEOMARKLATLON command. I exported to SHP file and tried bringing it into ArcMAP to see if it was correct, but my run ends up in the Pacific ocean. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to adjust settings the Coordinate Systems? Maybe how I am exporting? Confused and would greatly appriciate some guidance. 

thank you for your time,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: mduncan536

Try using the coordinate tracker and digitize with that. You will need to set the tracker to display both your state plane coordinats and a Lat/Lon coordinate system. Make the L/L cs active and type in the coordinates in the boxes. It takes a few practice inputs to get it right but does work.

When using the geomarklatlong command you are mixing units with your dwg set in State Plane Foot CS. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
mduncan536
in reply to: mduncan536

Thank you for your response! I should be able to work it with the Coordinate tracker.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost