AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
nomisc
Message 1 of 3 (328 Views)

Setting background "transparency color" for multiple images

328 Views, 2 Replies
09-11-2013 05:07 AM

I've done a search and not found any references to this so here goes. I have imported a number of raster images into a drawing and wish to turn the "blank" bits transparent. I can set them all to "Background transparency = YES" in the Properties bar, but as far as I can see I need to go through each one individually to set the relevant transparency color, since as soon as I select more than one tile the "Transparency color" tab disappears. Is there a way to do a multiple select as the "blank" color is the same for all the tiles? I'm planning to use a lot of tiles and this will be incredibly laborious and inefficient otherwise. I am using Map 3D 2011.

Thanks

amwivell
Message 2 of 3 (277 Views)

Re: Setting background "transparency color" for multiple images

10-15-2013 08:43 AM in reply to: nomisc

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks.

Product Support
phil_borycens
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Setting background "transparency color" for multiple images

11-08-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: nomisc

Hello there,

No, as far as I know, you have to select the Background Transparency per image.

There might be a way to automate this using the Workflow Designer or even LISP - but I'm going to have to refer you back to the community to see if anyone has developed something like this.

Just as a side note: if you have Raster Design, and the Raster tools are loaded, you can use the Raster Design version of transparency. It works mostly the same as the one in Map 3D (you'll see it in Properties when an image is selected, just below the Map 3D transparency option), and I found that it can be more accurate than the Map 3D transparency with certain images.

Thanks for your post,

Phil Borycens
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.