AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting background "transparency color" for multiple images

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nomisc
1425 Views, 5 Replies

Setting background "transparency color" for multiple images

I've done a search and not found any references to this so here goes. I have imported a number of raster images into a drawing and wish to turn the "blank" bits transparent. I can set them all to "Background transparency = YES" in the Properties bar, but as far as I can see I need to go through each one individually to set the relevant transparency color, since as soon as I select more than one tile the "Transparency color" tab disappears. Is there a way to do a multiple select as the "blank" color is the same for all the tiles? I'm planning to use a lot of tiles and this will be incredibly laborious and inefficient otherwise. I am using Map 3D 2011.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
amwivell
in reply to: nomisc

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
phil_borycens
in reply to: nomisc

Hello there,

No, as far as I know, you have to select the Background Transparency per image.

There might be a way to automate this using the Workflow Designer or even LISP - but I'm going to have to refer you back to the community to see if anyone has developed something like this.

Just as a side note: if you have Raster Design, and the Raster tools are loaded, you can use the Raster Design version of transparency. It works mostly the same as the one in Map 3D (you'll see it in Properties when an image is selected, just below the Map 3D transparency option), and I found that it can be more accurate than the Map 3D transparency with certain images.

Thanks for your post,

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 6

Did anyone ever find a solution for this?

Message 5 of 6

You have to do it one image at a time.

The only possible workflow around this situation is to use the DATA CONNECT PALETTE and connect the raster images. By using a Data Connection, you can 'merge' mulitple images together so the effect is a single, seamless image. Once you have a single image, transparency can be applied using the Map Task Pane=>Style Editor.

<<This method is only reserved for advanced users who are willing to use the Map3D toolset. Users who refuse, or are unwilling, to use the Map3D toolset, choosing only to stick to vanilla AutoCad commands, should not attempt this advanced method unless they are openminded enough to utilize the appropriate Map3D commands.>>

Chicagolooper
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

this color is stored as xdata on picture 

RegApp is "AcMapRasterExTrClr" and color is coded as 1071 (integer version of truecolor)

I think it's possible to add this xdata by lisp

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost