AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server library could not be loaded (-324)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mkolka
842 Views, 12 Replies

Server library could not be loaded (-324)

why do I get "Server library could not be loaded (-324)" in map3d 2014?
Works fine in 2012 and now i can not connect to our Arcsde.

win 7- 64bit
Arcsde 10.0
copied proper .dll's
I am lost, please help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
phil_borycens
in reply to: mkolka

Likely you are experiencing this trouble because of changes made to the direct connect libraries in the 2013 (and 2014) FDO Providers. For this issue, this article was published.

The fastest and easiest option I'd suggest for you is to install & configure the 2015 release of Map or Civil to make this same connection.

Please let us know what your results are after this, or let me know if you need to look at other options. Thanks!

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 13
mkolka
in reply to: phil_borycens

What I don't understand is with 64 bit 2012 I can connect to our ARCsde server and now I cant with 2014? I have what I think is all the proper .dll files. Your saying that 2015 has the proper FDO libraries?

Mike Kolka
This communication may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender, and destroy all copies of the original message. No responsibility is accepted by Orange County Government for any loss or damage arising in any way from receiving this communication.

This message has been scanned for malware.
Message 4 of 13
phil_borycens

Hi Mike. Yes, that is what Development tells me.

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 13
mkolka

Why would they change it? WOW....

Message 6 of 13
mkolka

So I installed 2015 civil/map, and I still get the same error that I had in 2014!!!  I copied the .dll files I needed and now I have a library error.  I have no clue why this is being so difficult!!! I am going to stick with 2012C3D now.  This is terrible!!

Message 7 of 13
phil_borycens

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reporting back on that. I'm really not sure why you that is happening in your case based on everything that you have told me to this point.

The only other thing I can think of to suggest is, since you are on 10.0, use the ESRI tools to upgrade the geodatabase (if you haven't done so already). This will open up the schema and data to access from non-ArcObjects processes. What that means for you is that you will then be able to connect to your data using the base FDO Provider in Map (SQL Server Spatial or Oracle) rather than having to use the "Add ArcSDE Connection".

Phil Borycens
Message 8 of 13
mkolka

Ok, I will work with our GIS department and see if we can resolve this.  In the mean time I am going to continue using 2012.  And I am also keeping my department on 2012.  Everything works in 2012 as of now.  It’s very frustrating that we can’t have a simple upgrade. 

If we have to change from ArcSDE to cad FDO it’s not worth changing to 2014 or 2015.  We have way to many dwg's connected using ARCSDE.

Message 9 of 13
phil_borycens

In reviewing all of your comments to this point, one thing wasn't clear to me. Are you testing 2014&2015 on a separate machine? Or is 2012 also installed (and working) on the same machine where it fails in 2014&2015?

And if these are different machines, by chance is the machine running 2012 32-bit, and the machine running 2014&2015 64-bit?

Just to make sure that we have the story straight...

Phil Borycens
Message 10 of 13
mkolka

I am running 64-bit. It is the same computer that 2012 is loaded on as well. 

Win7 ent, 64-bit.

We have the 64-bit dll that we used for 2012 which works.

Message 11 of 13
phil_borycens

Thank you - just wanted to make sure that we didn't miss anything.

Phil Borycens
Message 12 of 13
mkolka

Hope we can resolve this.  As of now we are going to stick to 2012.

Message 13 of 13
drewbb

Perhaps this may help:

http://www.thecadmasters.com/wordpress/index.php/2013/12/06/connecting-to-esri-arcsde-using-autocad-...

Sincerely,
Drew Burgasser, P.E.
CAD Masters, Inc.
www.cadmasters.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost