AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDF will not overwrite

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
369 Views, 6 Replies

SDF will not overwrite

Hello,

I am trying to Export a dwg file to a SDF by using the mapexport command but the SDF will not overwrite because ACAD is saying it is being used by another program.  Is there a way to find what/who is using the SDF file? 

Appending the file doesn't seem to update the file properly.

Thanks.

Joe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens if you save as SDF with a brand new name file?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

I did that and that file is able to be overwritten....

I can not even delete this file either...

Message 4 of 7
antoniovinci

Well, save with the new filename, then close Autocad, and erase the old one using a file manager: is it possible now?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

Unforturnatley like I mentioned I cannot delete this file using Windows Explorer.....it says it is being used by another.......

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I cannot delete this file using Windows Explorer.....it says it is being used by another.......

In that case it's an operating system issue, not anything that has to do with Map3D.

If the file is stored local, shot down your system, make sure that nobody else is logged in to your system, start it and try to remove the file then, if that is again not possible, login as a local admin to remove that, if that is not possible too you have to start Windows in safe-mode.

If the file is stored on a network drive ask your admin, what permission settings it has, what user has an active file access to that file and let him handle the file permissions.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
hence_the_name

Hi,

I used to use a little tool to check, which process locked a file - but cannot remember the name anymore.

But there are tools available for checking, have a look here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/225802/how-to-determine-which-process-is-holding-a-file-in-window...

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost