AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDF or SQLite

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bingeomatics
1609 Views, 6 Replies

SDF or SQLite

Hi, everyone.

I have one question. Whisch file type good to use in AutoCAD Map - SDF or SQLite? What kind of difference have between them?  Which distinctive feature? Which plus and minus characteristic both files? Thnaks, everyone, who can informed and advice me.....

Binnat Khalilov
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

SDF is an Autodesk (only) file format and - as far as I know - not being used anywhere else. It has been around since introduction of FDO technology (or it's "predecessor "SDF2 even for longer).

SQLLite is a widely used database. Autodesk developed an FDO provider in order to support SQLLIte databases as well.

I do not have any reference to it but I remember to have heard that SQLLIte is faster than SDF files when used in Map/MapGuide.

Second advantage of SQLLIte - it is not just a file formabt but a database. There are many tools (commercial and free ones) which allow open SQLLIte databases, executing SQL queries against tables and so on. SQLLIte might also be supported in many programming language.

So, I suppose SQLLIte is the better choice,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 7

Have any difference among them amount of information. How much GBytes they can contet? Do you know abut it?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 7
jackie.ng
in reply to: bingeomatics

Here's the limits of SQLite http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html

The numbers are astronomical enough that you should have to concern yourself about hitting such limits.

- Jackie

Message 5 of 7
bingeomatics
in reply to: jackie.ng

Thanks, all !

Binnat Khalilov
Message 6 of 7
jackie.ng
in reply to: bingeomatics

Correction:

The numbers are astronomical enough that you *should not* have to concern yourself about hitting such limits.

Smiley Happy

- Jackie

Message 7 of 7
nkg2
in reply to: jackie.ng

My question is somewhat related but more so from the standpoint of bringing in conceptual data and base information from Infraworks to Map3d.  I am trying to figure out a good way to bring in my rasters and vector data without having to duplicate the process and also to translate the information to the correct coordinate system.  Infraworks would prefer that the default settings don't get changed but that does not work for my situation.  Regardless, I data connected to the sqlite file that is generated by Infraworks and clicked on the layers that should have been the information I needed (or thought I was going to get).  All I get are shape file tiles and even if I change the style to put a gradient on say min Z and max Z, all I do is change the tile colors.   So what then does the SQLite file do in that situation?

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost