AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDF or SQLite Table

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matTech
361 Views, 2 Replies

SDF or SQLite Table

I know there is a way to add a .dbf or excel table by using the TABLE command. Can I add SDF attribution to a drawing for display? I have line lengths in my attribution of a shapefile and want to do the same thing with an SDF. I connect to the .dbf of the shapefile and it updates as I change the length of the features. Can't figure out how to do the same with SDF.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: matTech

Hi,

>> I have line lengths in my attribution of a shapefile and want to do the same thing with an SDF

I would prefere to create a "calculated field" the get's the length of the geometry live calculated. The advantage is that whenever you modify the arc or polygon you get the current value displayed without any additional action.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
matTech
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I did a calculated field. The problem with the calculated field is temporary. Is there a way to make a field equal the calculated field? In Arcgis they have a field calculator and if you want a field to equal another it's fairly easy. I haven't seen an option for it in AutoCAD. This still doesn't solve the problem of being able to add a table to my drawing displaying the contents of my SDF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost