AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
matTech
Message 1 of 3 (136 Views)

SDF or SQLite Table

136 Views, 2 Replies
07-17-2012 07:25 AM

I know there is a way to add a .dbf or excel table by using the TABLE command. Can I add SDF attribution to a drawing for display? I have line lengths in my attribution of a shapefile and want to do the same thing with an SDF. I connect to the .dbf of the shapefile and it updates as I change the length of the features. Can't figure out how to do the same with SDF.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: SDF or SQLite Table

07-17-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: matTech

Hi,

>> I have line lengths in my attribution of a shapefile and want to do the same thing with an SDF

I would prefere to create a "calculated field" the get's the length of the geometry live calculated. The advantage is that whenever you modify the arc or polygon you get the current value displayed without any additional action.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distinguished Contributor
matTech
Message 3 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: SDF or SQLite Table

07-18-2012 07:38 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I did a calculated field. The problem with the calculated field is temporary. Is there a way to make a field equal the calculated field? In Arcgis they have a field calculator and if you want a field to equal another it's fairly easy. I haven't seen an option for it in AutoCAD. This still doesn't solve the problem of being able to add a table to my drawing displaying the contents of my SDF.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.