We created an sdf of contours. We are using mapinport to try to bring some of those contours into another drawing. We indicate the crossing window, but only those lines entirely inside the window come into the drawing. Any line that crosses the window are not included.
We draw the window from left to right.
Why aren't we getting all the lines that cross the window?
I'm sorry, I meant right to left, althoughI was going left to right before I realized I should be going right to left.
If I select None, all lines come in.
If I restrict my window to current display, only those lines totally contained in the display come in. Nothing that crosses outside of the display comes in.
one round about way to use yur sdf file. first data connect to the sdf file and add it to the map. z e to see the whole contour set or z w to a particular area of the set. draw a rectangle around the area you want for the subset. duplicate the connection in data connect window and add with a query; locate on map touching rectangle ;select option and select the rectangle on your map. that will add only the contours you want as a data layer. hide the original set leaving the subset and the rectangle. you can trim to the rectangle if you want and check in . in dis man right click the subset and export to sdf. mapimport that sdf and you should have what you want as dwg objects. Make sure you check off all the relevant boxes for data as you go.
unless you need the dwg objects, the subset sdf may be the item to add to your second dwg to do some GIS work
That does sometimes happen in 2012 with a spatial select of an SDF. Try importing it all, then trimming down to just the area you need, or even FDO connecting, selecting the relevant area, right clicking to export that selection to a new SDF, then MAPIMPORT that new file with the right extents.
I logged an incident with AutoDesk support, and lo and behold, it's a bug that was reported back in March.
Thanks for the other suggestions, but we were were looking for a quick, easy way to use our large files. Cutting our portions of the sdf into another sdf only leads to multiple copies of the data, which is not something we want to do.
I tested this with shapefiles, and didn't see the same problem - you might also look at SQLite if you want to stick with a single file format.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.