AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Bar in 2013

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mekohler
1586 Views, 1 Reply

Scale Bar in 2013

I've tried using the new scale bar in Map 2013.  But when I try to insert it inton my map, the size of the scale bar makes it huge, it's way bigger than the layout.  How do I decrease the size of the scale bar?

Thanks,

Michael Kohler

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
machadt
in reply to: mekohler

Hi Michael,

The scale bar should always shows the correct scale ratio of the map in a viewport. When the viewport scale was changed, the map scale was changed accordingly, in that case we have to adjust the scale bar. Here we have two choices, one is to adjust the scale bar size and keep the division value unchanged, another is to change the division value and keep size unchanged. This is configurable in “Scale bar properties…” dialog, the “Adjust divisions on zoom” checkbox.

For example, we have a map scale 1:10000 and viewport scale is also 1:10000 (viewport scale can be different from map scale), we want a scale bar shows 1:100Meters, then division value is 100.

If viewport scale was changed to 1:20000, then scale bar size is doubled in order to keep division value (100) unchanged.

If we check “Adjust divisions on zoom”, then scale bar size won’t be changed, the division value will become 50. Because the same division size presents ½ original map distance now.

Hope this will help!

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost