AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Map to DWG with Block Attributes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
odoshi
479 Views, 2 Replies

Saving Map to DWG with Block Attributes

Hello,

I have used the FDO to connect to my SHP files. I have used one data attribute to get a rotation for my blocks. I have also used a feature Label to display the text I am interested in.

When I save to DWG, the feature labels come in as Text. I would like the text to go to the correct block attribute.

Is there a way to do this? I did not see anything in the Style Editor to use my blocks' attributes, only the geometry.

I am aware of using MAPIMPORT to set attributes from the data, but they do not come in rotated, and I have more conditions on which block to use, not just one field to decide the block name.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pg002a
in reply to: odoshi

You have to style SHP connection points(add symbols with rotation also) to same block you want to convert those to DWG after. Then you have to make drawing template where you must bring in blocks with names exatly same like you styled in shp points(symbol names), name must be equal also you must define attribute name eqatly same like you have in SHP point data field.

Then you save map to dwg and need to use select template during process and after that all points are converted to blocks and also blocks are with attributes and right rotation also.

Message 3 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: odoshi

Thanks you. Looks like I will use the MAPIMPORT method and post process with a .NET routine.

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost