AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Current Map to Autocad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rainer.ngo
1037 Views, 6 Replies

Save Current Map to Autocad

Good Day! I'm new to autodesk.

There is an option in Autocad Map 3D 2012 "Save Current Map to Autocad" wherein the type is "AutoCAD-2010-Drawing"

Is there a way to do it in Autocad Map 3d 2014? Cause I've been experimenting my file and most of my output is just circle when I'm opening it to AutoCAD AutoDesk.. Help If you know how to do it. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: rainer.ngo

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

I don't understand your question/problem because my French MAP 2014 can save the FDO Map to any DWG version ...

... Please see the JPG Image ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
GPSJane

Does the Save or Save As function not just produce a .dwg file that can be opened in ACAD?

Message 4 of 7
hence_the_name

Hi Rainer,

it sounds like you didn't get the result you expected when saving your map to an AutoCAD drawing with Map 2012 and now you wonder if you will get a better result with Map 2014?

In this case it might be helpful to know what your map contained (screenshot) and what the result was (screenshot again) and which export option you used.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: GPSJane

Hello GPSJane

NO when your MAP (or CIVIL) drawing contains FDO Layers you must use the MAPTOACAD command/feature !

to get a DWG usable by any other AutoCAD ...

The "Save" or "SaveAs" command will produce a drawing without any FDO information ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
rainer.ngo
in reply to: hence_the_name

Good Day! Silly me, I didn't notice the Export!,

The function on the Autocad Map 3D 2012, the Save the current map to autocad was moved to export, I've been following a link at youtube(here's the link) And In Autocad 2014 It was in the Export. Thank you for the reply!

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

sorry for OT: but I'm really surprised to see that Map 3D is used as converter from QGIS to Illustrator (search criteria in the screenshot), great 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost