AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Pallete & Grid

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ronaldo54
722 Views, 4 Replies

Ribbon Pallete & Grid

Every time I start up AutoCAD Map 3D 2013, the Ribbon Pallete & Grid appear. Is there a setting anywhere that keeps them off? I have tried closing them/switching them off, then saving my workspace, but they still open every time . . . Very annoying!!!!!! Thanks in advance Ron

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a_mumtaz
in reply to: Ronaldo54

Unable to see some tabs in palletes. anybody got idea how to add certain tabs in pallete. OR where do they reside in system as at another user computer its working ok. I was planning to copy tabs from that computer.............Please advise.

Thank you.......

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the workspace (so your ribbon, toolbars, palettes, ...) can be set in the startup parameters with the /W parameter (>>>details<<<).

If you see the gridlines or not does only depend on your template-drawing (DWT-file) that is defined und _OPTIONS ==> tab "Files". Create a new drawing, switch off the grid (sysvar GRIDMODE or <F7>, >>>details<<<) and save it as new default template (>>>about templates<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
Ronaldo54

thanks alfred,

nothing seems to work . . . very frustrating, i'll have to put up with it!!!!!

autocad seems to get more complicated each release. i am a draftsman

using it as a tool, the way it is set up nowadays, you need to be a geek!!!

ron

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> nothing seems to work

Sorry, for me it works.

What you can try to get your problem with the starting workspace working:

start AutoCAD Map3D

look what workspace is active

save it to another name (so you have a backup)

modify the menu-situation to how you like it

save it with the name AutoCAD Map3D uses when it starts

To the grid and template ... to modify the template is the correct way to go, If you don't like that an option is to create/modify the ACADDOC.LSP and set the variable off by adding the LISP-Statement to it:

(setvar "GRIDMODE" 0)

>> autocad seems to get more complicated each release. i am a draftsman using it as a tool [...]

It get's more and more functions, yes. And to get known to new functionality is nothing that comes by itself, they have to be learned and trained.

Installation or modifying settings like profile, workspace, template is nothing that is done like a daily work of draftsman. To get that done you can always look for people that are doing that for you (e.g. your dealer). But that you have more options for how to setup the package and how to customize it (and so work with higher efficiency) does not make a product bad.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost