AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing pick list in Schema Editor

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
herman.louie
384 Views, 1 Reply

Reusing pick list in Schema Editor

ESRI SDE database -> FME -> SDF file

Currently I export watermains to a SDF file from our GIS with FME.  I've can use the schema editor to create pick list for watermain material types and I can export this schema definition file.

Questions, how do I reuse a pick list without redefining it in every SDF file?

I would like to use the pick list in sanitary sewer.  Can I import the export file with pick list in to an exsting schema (over write) so I don't have to define the list every time?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Herman,

Can you please clarify your exact workflow and where in the process you would like to export and/or import your schema definition file from the Schema Editor in AutoCAD Map 3D?  It sounds like you want to add the pick list (or value list constraint) to the SDF file from a schema definition file after the data is converted from ArcSDE to SDF via FME.  Is this correct? If this is the case, then it is not possible to edit (or overwrite) an existing SDF schema once it is created.  You can add a property to the schema, but you cannot edit (or add a pick list) an existing property.  Is it possible to add the pick list in FME before bringing in to AutoCAD Map 3D?  Let me know if I am understanding your question correctly.  If I am not, can you please clarify?

Thanks!

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost