AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Settings problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rmacan
1512 Views, 2 Replies

Reset Settings problem

I'm trying to reset my original MAP 2015 settings and have a problem with it.  I'm using the Infrastructure Suite insatllation.

What I'm doing is going to Start Menu/All Programs/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2015 - English/ where my MAP  3D .exe resides and run the RESET SETTINGS TO DEFAULT command.  I'm getting an error that says "AutoCAD 2015 - English has not been run yet.  There are no settings to reset."
However, when I run MAP 3D executable, the error message says "Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 is currently running.  You must close the application prior to running Reset Settings"

So I closed MAP down and ran the RESET SETTINGS TO DEFAULT command again and got the first error again. 

I went into the properties of the command and can't seem to get the path to work.  The target reads "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AdMigrator.exe" /reset /product ACAD /language "en-US"    and the Start in reads "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\"

I'm guessing it has to do with the .../product ACAD/... portion, but I can't seem to get it to work, even after a couple of stabs in the dark.  I must be ovrlooking something ovbious, but can't figure out what.

How can I get around this and restore my MAP settings to default? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rmacan

Hi,

>> I'm guessing it has to do with the .../product ACAD/

Correct, try that instead (change "ACAD" to "MAP"):

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AdMigrator.exe" /reset /product MAP /language "en-US"

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
rmacan
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

That was it Alfred...I guessed it was something simple like that. 

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost