AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated export to PDF to same folder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DGoossen
280 Views, 2 Replies

Repeated export to PDF to same folder

I just upgraded from Autocad Map 3D 2014 to 2015.  In my job I export to PDF repeatedly to a file structure where the files are stored by building #.  In the 2014 version, after I exported the first .DWG file to a specific folder, when I went to export the 2nd & 3rd files the Dialogue window came back up to the same folder automatically. (In the below example, after exporting First_Floor.PDF to [Bldg 2000] the next export dialogue box would show the [Bldg 2000] folder's files.)   In the 2015 version, I have to repeatedly work my way back through the file structure every time.

[PDF Files]

[Bldg 1000]

[Bldg 2000]

First_Floor.PDF

Second_Floor.PDF

Third_Floor.PDF

[Bldg 3000]

etc.

Is there some sort of global variable that sets this?  I have been through lots of help screens and can't seem to find a setting that fixes that.  My file structure would look something like the following:  (Folders are in brackets.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DGoossen

Hi,

not tried, just a guess: look to sysvar REMEMBERFOLDERS (>>>details<<<), does that help?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
DGoossen
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work.  If I "print" to PDF instead of exporting it seems to work ok, so I have a work around.  But I'd prefer to export if anyone has a solution.  Just a personal preference I guess.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost