AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerating error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
418 Views, 8 Replies

Regenerating error

I am working with Autodesk map 3D 2006.  My map was working fine until this morning when I tried to open it. It will open up to 84% and then it gets stuck.  I managed to open it by pressing the escape key before it the regenerating command has a chance to act.  How can I correct this file to work normally?  I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

try to open the file using command _RECOVER, if there are XRef's inserted, then use command _RECOVERALL (hope that already existed in 2006).

If that does not work then you can create a new drawing, use command _ADEDRAWINGS to attach the defect one, and as the next step start command _ADEQUERY to get the objects from the defect drawing to your current/new drawing.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you!  I will try that.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

try to open the file using command _RECOVER, if there are XRef's inserted, then use command _RECOVERALL (hope that already existed in 2006).

If that does not work then you can create a new drawing, use command _ADEDRAWINGS to attach the defect one, and as the next step start command _ADEQUERY to get the objects from the defect drawing to your current/new drawing.

I was not able to use any of the suggestions above because it still gets stuck.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at the file?  I would really, really, appreciate it.

Message 5 of 9
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

Would anyone be willing to take a look at the file?  I would really, really, appreciate it.

Post it here and we will look at it. 

A few other things to try is clean out your users temp files and any caches that you have on the workstation. Try to copy the file to a new folder with a shorter path on your local hard drive. 

Also try to attach (ADEDRAWINGS) to a new blank dwg and query in the problem dwg. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you, Murph.  I fixed it! I do have another corrupted file with a eNullObjectId error that limits exporting or querying of objects. Would you mind taking a look at that one?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

To Murphy,

I hate to bother you again but would you be willing to help me with another file?  I would really, really, appreciate it.

Message 8 of 9
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

To Murphy,

I hate to bother you again but would you be willing to help me with another file?  I would really, really, appreciate it.

Post the file here and someone may help, I'm not the only guru that helps out other users, there a hand full of us. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Is there a way I could send this file privately to one of the gurus? It is an Oil and Gas lease map and my client would not be happy if I were to post it publicly. Please, let me know if that is possible.  Thanks a million!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost