AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

otismoon
Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)

Raster images appearing in viewport

450 Views, 3 Replies
10-02-2012 10:15 AM

I'm running Map 2013 64bit. On almost all my DWGs I use a raster image inserted using the task pane -> display manager-> connect data -> raster image to insert the DOQQ raster image at the proper location and coord system. All that works fine. I use several layouts each with a single viewport. In some of the layouts I would like to turn the raster image off but have it display in the layouts of the other pages. In older versions, I was able to put the image on it's own layer and just turn it off (freeze) in the viewport to control what layout showed the image. I've upgraded to Map 13 and now I freezing the layer in the viewport wont turn off the raster image in that viewport. It still prints! I would like to PDF/plot all the layouts at once but since I can't control the image in the layout I now have turn off the image in the display manager and PDF/plot the layouts separately. It's a pain! And like many other things, used to work just fine in older version.

Am I missing something? Is there a new way of controlling raster images in viewports?

Anything would help, thanks!

Contributor
lorrie.bundy
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: Raster images appearing in viewport

05-19-2014 05:25 PM in reply to: otismoon

I am having same issue. No solution since 2012???

Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)

05-19-2014 08:21 PM in reply to: lorrie.bundy

MAPNEWMAP  and name a new map.  Then change between maps at top of task pane.   Set each map layer in display manager visible or not visible for the different maps.  Switch between the maps in layout to print w/wo the photo.

dave

Contributor
lorrie.bundy
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

05-20-2014 11:39 AM in reply to: parkr4st

Thank you for the suggestion. This isn't working for me.

I have two viewports in one layout: Plan and Profile.

The raster image is county wide sid file.

How can I keep the sid file visible in the Plan viewport, but not visible in the Profile viewport?

The sid file was added using dataconnect, Add raster image.

The properties of the image when selected  show entity type:"ACMAPGISGRIDSURFACEENTITY". The display tab in properties shows "The appearance of this object is not controlled by the display system".

AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.