AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster image issues - not plotting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tgifford
4487 Views, 6 Replies

Raster image issues - not plotting

Situation:
My raster images are not plotting when I print out my map. They are situated underneath the mapping info. They display fine in the print preview, but nothing happens when plotting. Alos, when looking at the sheet in paperspace, some of the images seem to fade to black in certain sections.

I have inserted a series sid files (tiles) that are pulled into the drawing as one layer. They were inserted using Display Manager by going to: Data, Connect to Data, Add to Map (as one layer)

In order to print properly, I used DVIEW and twisted within the viewport.

Why won't they print? Even to pdf's they will not print.

Any idea why the rasters are fading to black in paper space?

Is there anything else I can do to try and get them to print?

Thanks in advances for any thoughts and ideas regarding this issue.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
richard
in reply to: tgifford

Did you get your problem solved? I have a problem due to the rotation of the viewport. If the image (Mr Sid) is attached through data connect then it appears to rotate fine, but when it is inserted, then it locks up the program when the viewport is rotated by an angle that is not a multiple of 90 degrees.
The quality of plot of the Mr Sid is extremely poor when using the Display Manager to attach the image.
Message 3 of 7
jnelson1071

I see this is a older post, but I am having the same sort of problem with Civil 3d 2011.  I'm coming here MAP 3D bacause I think this is a MAP issue.  The problem doesn't happen when plotting the same drawing from straight AutoCAD.

My Problem:

Using a jpg tif or sid, if there is any rotation to either the image or with a dview twist, the background aerial image is not plotted.  I have tested multiple ways, but it all comes back to the twisted \ rotated image.  These images are using the image insert method to put the image in.  I am trying to plot the the DWF to PDF.pc3 included with install, with do dpi modifications.

If I dview twist back to 0, the image prints out.

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: jnelson1071

With 2011 you can use the rotate command to rotate a viewport instead of the Dview twist. Try that.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
jnelson1071
in reply to: Murph_Map

I tried that, but Civil 3d or Map or what ever is reading the image still sees the image as rotated in some way and not plotting.  It's weird because there is also a image file used for the location map on the same sheet and that is working.  It will dview twist and plot, and also viewport rotate and plot, mur for some reason the larger viewport will not display the aerial.  I changed the available memeory that map can use for images from default to 720mb using "MAPIOPTIONS", and that didn't help.

Message 6 of 7

are you using a FDO connected image or mapiinsert(ed) one?

Message 7 of 7
jnelson1071

Using Image Insert.  From my seaching around, it looks like the FDO route has its own issues.

Just a reminder, when printing this rotated\twisted image with AutoCAD, there is no problem.  This only is in Civil 3D that i'm having the problem.  I have not had a chance to try this out in MAP 3D yet.  It just looks like something in map is treating the image different than it would in straight Autocad.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost