AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
rckohler
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Quick selected blocks don't display, but their properties do...

139 Views, 1 Replies
10-30-2012 06:47 AM

I am trying to get back some of my work that was "lost" when a crash accured. I had 16 blocks (all the same) inserted into my map at the correct locations. I recovered the drawing but noticed that the blocks weren't displaying. I conducted a quick select for the layer which they're on; it stated 16 items were selected (but they are not displaying). While they are still "selected" I checked the properties & it stated all the correct information (quantity, block name, color, layer, scale, etc...). I made sure all layers associated with the block were not frozen. So it's acting as though they're still in the drawing, but aren't displaying... I searched the discussion groups & was unable to find the same issue. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Robyn

Active Contributor
rckohler
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: Quick selected blocks don't display, but their properties do...

10-30-2012 07:54 AM in reply to: rckohler

I may have discovered why the blocks aren't displaying... If I remember correctly, I inserted the blocks before adding their layer to the display manager. I inserted a few more of the same block after adding their layer to the display manager; & they're all dislaying now (minus the 16 prior). Their must be a certain workflow that I'm unfamiliar with, as I'm just using a free trial. Does this sound correct? I must add layers to the display manager before inserting/drawing items on them...

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.