AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bingeomatics
2675 Views, 10 Replies

Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D 2014

Hi, everyone!

It is about year I use Project Basejump (Bing Map servise) for AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 in my AutoCAD Map 2013 and it works good.

But lately I wanted to test AutoCAD Map 2014 downloading from Autodesk website demo version. I saw that Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 can not installed to the new - AutoCAD Map 2014 version. I thought that it may be possible copping DLL files from FDO AutoCAD Map 2013 folder to FDO AutoCAD Map 2014 folder and adding commands (or strings) from  "provider.xml' of AutoCAD Map 2013 to AutoCAD Map 2014 "provider.xml' file. But it did not worked. Is there any way to use Project Basejump in AutoCAD Map 2014?

Binnat Khalilov
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

I have not tried it, but I guess it's time to look for an alternative as this project ends soon.

From >>>here<<<: [...] The technology preview will operate until August 12, 2013 [...]

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
swt-gis
in reply to: bingeomatics

I thought access to bing maps data is build in in AutoCAD Map 2014 via _geomap command? See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MurOAa-k_q0 at 1:44 min.

(I can't test it because I do not have 2014)

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: swt-gis

Hi,

>> build in in AutoCAD Map 2014 via _geomap command?

Sorry, not really because the new technique in 2014 does not allow to plot the area-photo.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11

Technology previews are not intended for production use. After all, they're still in the early preview stage. They are in their infancy and are not fully baked. We are realists and recognize that some customers use them at their own risk. Technology previews are like taste tests at malls. We let people take a sip of Pepsi and a sip of Coke and tell us which one they like better. Regardless of which one they prefer, we are not promising to deliver a lifetime supply of soda. Sometimes people hate the taste of both!

We make technology previews available via Autodesk Labs so people can give us feedback. Most customers try them on test projects. If the technology preview works for them - great. If it does not work for them, no harm/no foul, since the customers are only playing with the technology on test projects. Since technology previews have an end date, customers try them on projects that end before the technology preview ends. Technology previews have a specific end date so no one confuses them with perpetual functionality that is associated with a product offering or subscription service. In fact, technology previews are offered for free to Subscription customers, non-Subscription customers, and educational users alike. When the previews end, I don't have a way to re-activate them. It's not part of the Labs process.

In this case, the team decided to get feedback from the 2013 user base because that was a large enough group of people so they could learn what they needed to learn. Although the 2014 solution does not plot, I don't see the team extending the tech preview to the 2014 users.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 11

I have find the way to connect to Bing Map.

It is using Geographic Location function, it is AutoCAD function and have tested it, it work good....

Binnat Khalilov
Message 7 of 11
braudpat

Hello from France

For me this new command ("GEOMAP")  is the MAIN new feature of ACAD/LT/MAP/CIVIL/AA/MEP/etc 2014

with the official support of Windows EIGHT !

and with TRUSTEDPATHS, SECURELOAD, etc ...

BUT BUT you can't PRINT/PLOT these beautiful Bing Maps !!!

So in France, a lot of people have kept theirs ACAD/MAP/CIVIL/etc 2012

+ the Autodesk Google Earth Plugin (32/64 bits for ACAD 201X) ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
CMGBrenda

I am using Autocad Map 3D 2014...when using the command "geographiclocation" to bring in live maps,, the scale is wrong....can anyone help me with the steps in doing this correctly?

thanks

Brenda

Message 9 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: CMGBrenda

Hi,

>> the scale is wrong

What is the factor between correct distance and measured distance?

What projection system did you use?

What units had you active in the geolocation-dialog?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 11
CMGBrenda
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I have resolved the scale factor issue.just made sure my cad drawing was set
to feet and chose feet in the dialogue box.

But..the live map is just a bit off.just a few feet.not much

Maybe the steps I am doing are not quite correct..I believe I have to have a
latitude and longitude .and then I have to drop place a marker in my
drawing.(I think that is where I am off.)

Hmmm

I can't find any good tutorials.any tips

Thanks for any help you can give me

Brenda

Brenda Koch

Cad Tech

CMG Drainage Engineering, Inc.

3555 N Mountain Ave.

Tucson, AZ 85719

Ph: (520)882-4244 ext. 7005

Fax: (520)888-1421
Message 11 of 11
scott.sheppard
in reply to: CMGBrenda

Have you watcyed this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QmQYYFfohE

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost