AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with crashing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ctnycc
363 Views, 4 Replies

problems with crashing.

Is anyone experiencing problems with  the Autocad Map 3D 2012 crashing for no apparent reason, it also seems to happen more when entering the block editor.

My system is 8Gb Ram, HP Z420 Xeon Processor workstation with windows 7, i don't know what the graphics are othern thna a Nvidea set up run on 2 monitors, but it also does peculiar  things with hte graphics, e.g. tool palette icons disappearing and then crashing.

Any suggesitons gratefully appraciated.

Colin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: ctnycc

Hello from France

1) Have you tried to open your DWG in RECOVER Mode ?

2) Have you installed the SP 2 for MAP 2012  ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-map-3d...

3) When do you crash ?

With a specific DWG ?

With a specific action ?

Is it with FDO features ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ctnycc
in reply to: braudpat

Good day Pat,

In response to your questions below,

1,  yes although it doesn't always come up.  it is repeatedly crashing and is very frustrating.

2, yes it is installed

3 it tends to crash more often than not when i try to enter the block editor, it pauses and then vanishes.  different drawings, what does FDO mean?

One of the signs i know it is going to crash is when the icons in the tool pallette disappear, it is also constantly saying it is running low on memory.  I have attached a file whihc shows the images vanishing.

Regards

Colin

Message 4 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: ctnycc

Hello

So you have problems even if you have opened in Recover Mode your main DWG and ALL its XREF DWGs !

You enter FDO features when doing for example a MAPCONNECT command !?

So I imagine that you are not using FDO ...

Please confirm that you are using MAP 2012 64 bits on a Win Seven Pro 64 bits ?

I am almost sure, but !?

Please try to reconfigure your graphic card NVidia driver to use only (if possible) 15/16 bits color mode (32000/65000 colors)

and NOT the standard Mode which is 24/32 bits color mode (16 Million Colors) !

If possible : all special graphic features of Win 7 will automatically be disabled : Windows like Win 2000/XP ...

It could solve a lot of graphic problems ! If it's your problem !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ctnycc
in reply to: braudpat

So you have problems even if you have opened in Recover Mode your main DWG and ALL its XREF DWGs !  Yes

You enter FDO features when doing for example a MAPCONNECT command !?  Never used it

So I imagine that you are not using FDO ...

Please confirm that you are using MAP 2012 64 bits on a Win Seven Pro 64 bits ?

I am almost sure, but !?  Out IT depart say so.

Please try to reconfigure your graphic card NVidia driver to use only (if possible) 15/16 bits color mode (32000/65000 colors)

and NOT the standard Mode which is 24/32 bits color mode (16 Million Colors) !

If possible : all special graphic features of Win 7 will automatically be disabled : Windows like Win 2000/XP ...

It could solve a lot of graphic problems ! If it's your problem !?   we can't change the settings as our IT department have placed a lot of restricitons on the PC's.

they are going to come round to see for themselves the problems we are having.  I will bring these issues to their attention.

Thanks again

Regards

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost