AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with constant Fatal Error in Autocad Map 3D 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tulio.paz
1819 Views, 8 Replies

I'm working with geospatial data in a Brazilian city, in development work, on several occasions autocad map 3d 2013, shows fatal error, closing the project (in 8 hours occurred more than 12 such errors). To avoid further delays in project development, direct it all on my own hardware for autocad map 3d. I5 I am using a machine with 4 processing cores, 12 GB of RAM and an ATI video card 1gb 128 bit. Do not know if it could be something regarding the hardware, but I believe not because with smaller services ever I witness this type of failure. Does AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 does not contain large amounts of data?
I'm working with. DWG 20mbytes on average.

Sorry if I am not able to express myself properly.

Sincerely,

Tulio Paz

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tulio.paz

Hi,

look to

• your system-temp-folder (and delete all within it)
  • within AutoCAD-options ==> in the first tab for files you have some folder as temp-folder ==> clean them + check that these folders are local folders and not anyone on network
  • you also have a command _MAPIOPTIONS ==> you'll also find here a cache-directory ==> clean it

And now try again 😉

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
tulio.paz
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I do this almost every day cleaning. Even so, the error remains. Is there a maximum file size that the autocad 3d map can not work? Have I got to work with DWG files with over 200 mbyts but very limited. Sincerely, Tulio Paz

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Have I got to work with DWG files with over 200 mbyts

Great ... and you have no chance to structure your drawings to be more efficient? ...or to use more SDF than DWG-referenced data?

I read somewhere that there was an UNDO-filesize-limit with 1.6GB .... may that is where your AutoCAD stops working. Check within your TEMP-directory the filesize of the files for a few day and let us know how large which file got maximum.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
tulio.paz
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sometimes it is not possible, because many companies still work only with AutoCAD and transform that data into the SDF will not achieve even edit them.

In the production of thematic map of a city of Brazil for example, there is a need to have all this information in a single file. Tomorrow I will send the total size of the temp folder for you can get a sense of use.

But I believe it is a complicated software is limited to use only 1.6 GB per file, in view of the evolution of GIS in the world. Featuring more detailed information that generate major data. Even if you can manage them using multiple connections (SDF, SHP, SQL, etc.), but when faced with customers who use AutoCAD will be limiting them.

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> in view of the evolution of GIS in the world

That is the sentence you should think of, either you are working GIS (with a lot of data) or you are working DWG-based (with less data amount). Both together is imho wrong-structured.

When you have partners who are doingg some work for you, then you can extract the data they need from GIS-connections to AutoCAD-based objects. If all of them need all data from Brazil then think about a GIS-Internet-Server.

But let's see what your file-sizes are (and what files are the large one).

If you just look to data and you don't modify them you can also disable the undo-handling, saves memory and raises speed.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
giser3

Can any one tell me what this mean?

Message 8 of 9
giser3

Sorry, tried to attach image,Joint_error.JPG

Message 9 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: giser3

Hi,

why did you add a new message to an existing thread?

Your message is different to the one dicussed here before and tells you that you have not the necessary permissions to files/directory shown in the dialog.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost