AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Axela90
Message 1 of 3 (1,018 Views)

Problems connecting to Access database through ODBC

1018 Views, 2 Replies
02-05-2012 02:19 AM

Hi there, here's my problem:

I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I have to connect a file (.mdb) created with Microsoft Access 2007 to my Autocad Map 3D 2011 draw. I uninstalled Office, installed the AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe and re-installed Office. Then I followed step by step the process shown in the video here  with ODBC but it doesn't worked for me. It says "test connection succeeded" but when I attach the database, it comes up with a red "X" symbol next to it.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance!

Distinguished Mentor
thepworth
Message 2 of 3 (984 Views)

Re: Problems connecting to Access database through ODBC

02-06-2012 03:47 PM in reply to: Axela90

you have 2 methods for establishing connections - as you tried through the video and also by means of using a Connection String at the Data Connect window.  Instead of configuring the ODBC data source via control panel, try setting up a connection string instead.  See 

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/07/connecting-to-ms-access-databases-with.html

note the middle of page:

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=C:\parcels.mdb

after "Dbq=" put your pathed file instead of the example.

Hope this helps.

TdH

C3D 2011
Intel Xeon E5630@2.53Ghz
NVIDA Quadro NVS420 Dual Monitor
12GB Ram / Win7 Professional 64bit SP1
Axela90
Message 3 of 3 (972 Views)

Re: Problems connecting to Access database through ODBC

02-07-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: Axela90

I tried but it doesn't work yet and I really don't know why. I always get "test connection succeeded" but when I connect the database it still comes out with the red cross on it. Thank you, however!

P.s. If I connect it through Data Panel -> Connect -> "Add ODBC connection" it works, but if I want to connect it through "Data Sources" it gives me the problem.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.