AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Nearmap image file & correct coordinate system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1386 Views, 2 Replies

problem with Nearmap image file & correct coordinate system

Nearmap has provided an aerial image georeferenced in the same coord system as Google Earth (epsg:3785).  I found a Map 3D coordinate system WGS84.PseudoMercator (epsg:3857) which on web forums is equivalent to epsg:3785.  After loading the image into a dwg on the epsg:3857 coord system I then queried the image into a dwg file on an mga55 gda94 coord datum.

It rotated the image correctly but as we had survey located features in the drawing the image needed to be shifted a further 1.75 metres SW than the transformation that Map had performed.

My question is can anyone confirm that the Map epsg:3857 is indeed the same as epsg:3785?  Given I had to shift the image I suspect it isn't.

Nearmap have also suggested using an epsg:900913 coord datum but there isn't one in Map 3D.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

You can compare the EPSG contents here: as you can see in the "Retrieve code" report, the 3785 refers only to New Zealand.

About EPSG:900913 it's a funny way to portray the official EPSG:3857, check this out:

9 => G

0 => O

0 => O

9 => G

1 => L

3 => E

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thank you for the reply.  I went to the link & it is interesting that epsg:3785 only applies to the south island of New Zealand.  From correspondence with Nearmap & the image name (starts with epsg_3785) this is the datum they are using.  I would assume that Nearmap would know what they are doing but as our imagery is based on the south-east coast of Australia it might not be the correct datum to be using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost