AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with export object data to microsoft excel?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
553 Views, 8 Replies

problem with export object data to microsoft excel?

We  used to work  with microsoft office 2003 for extracting object data, but we upgrade our office to 2013, the upgrade causes problems for extracting the datas into Excel, does anyone got a clue how can i fix this? the autocad version that we use is " Autocad map 3D 2010"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums ! 

You are speaking about the DATAEXTRACTION (Pure AutoCAD Feature) to .CSV/.XLS/.MDB/etc ?

or about the Drawing Group + Query --> Report Text file with Object Data ?

or about something else ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Hello

Sorry for the confussion,  i 'm talking about extraction of attributes from the blocks to excel file.

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> causes problems for extracting the datas into Excel

Which problems?

>> i 'm talking about extraction of attributes from the blocks to excel file

What command do you use to export the data, any ADEQUERY functionality or DATAEXTRACTION or ATTOUT or ATTEXT or ...

Describe what you do (which commands do you start) and what you get (e.g. messages from AutoCAD in the command line or as popup-dialogs) as detailed as possible.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

i 'm using the command  _dataextraction, i use this to extract  attributes of my blocks ( name, x,y coordinates , ....) in excel format,  since i upgrade my microsoft office (to 2014) , i can't do this anymore . At the end of the steps comes  Data extraction Alert  , after i  clicked ok , it givves me an empty excel file.

i m using autocad map 3d 2010.

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> At the end of the steps comes  Data extraction Alert

Can you show that alert dialog (as screenshot) so we know what is reported exactly.

BTW: have you tried to create a new drawing, draw a line, start _DATAEXTRACTION and see if you can extract e.g. line and it's layer. Does that work?

>> since i upgrade my microsoft office (to 2014)

You do have Office 2014? If yes it's a beta release or where do you have that from?

The current release is 2013, so just wondering.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello,

I 'm using office 2013 , sorry for the confussion, i tried to extract with a new line , no success, hier under the print screen of the dataextraction alert message .

Message 8 of 9
Murph_Map

Is the Map3D a 32bit or 64 bit version? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

hi,

autocad map 3d 64bit version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost