AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Civil 3D Object Enabler in 64 bit Map 3D 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fieldguy
367 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with Civil 3D Object Enabler in 64 bit Map 3D 2013

We receive asbuilts from a contractor and they are starting to use Civil 3D.  I had to download the enabler to see the objects (storm sewer) in 64 bit Map 3D 2013.  Now I cannot open asbuilts created with Eagle Point from the same contractor.

I have attached a stripped dwg file that (I assume) was created with eagle point.  I have to uninstall the civil object enabler to get this file to open.

After the initial shock of having to use the enabler in the 1st place, I was certainly not impressed to learn I had to uninstall it to open a file (attached) created with eagle point.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fieldguy
in reply to: fieldguy

There are also warnings about "New versions of Objects in Drawing" amongst our cad team who are using Map 3D 2011.  My Map 3D 2013 is set to save as "AutoCAD 2004/LT2004 Drawing (*.dwg)".  I am not creating any new objects - this is all due to the Civil 3D 2013 64 Bit enabler being installed.

This appears to be a waste of bandwidth, but it helps my sanity.  I can only assume that either no Autodesk staff read this forum or don't care.

Time to seriously look for alternatives...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost