AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with WMS Background

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fnmurrell
1683 Views, 5 Replies

Printing with WMS Background

I have configured a map with a WMS as the background image.  When I try to print my map over a specific area, the WMS prints at such a low resolution that the Street Names on the WMS are not readable.  Is there a way to increase the resolution on the WMS in the prints, or is there some other work around that would allow me to read those street names in my prints without having to go in and annotating every street name myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fnmurrell

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

Did you verify that with

a) different WMS-sites?    ...and

b) different printers

If so can you try that with a public wms-site, plot to a PDF and upload the link you used, maybe the drawing you used (so we get the connection and view) as well as the PDF-file to which you plotted? That gives us the option to compare results with same sources.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Hi Alfred,

I'd like to pick up this thread as I have the same problem.

We are using raster data from the German national surveying and cartography agency. Sample data can be obtained under http://www.geodatenzentrum.de/geodaten/gdz_rahmen.gdz_div?gdz_spr=deu&gdz_akt_zeile=5&gdz_anz_zeile=.... I tried it with http://sg.geodatenzentrum.de/wms_dtk200

On the screen everything looks fine but not in the pdf. And what is curious: The larger the paper size, the worse the result.

I use the DWG to PDF printer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernd

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

to be honest I don't see that big differences between your two screenshots, so I decided to run one test and now let me know if that PDF is ok for you or not.

That's then the point to start (wenn wir wissen, wer was für gut oder nicht ausreichend haelt). 😉

Link to PDF: >>>click<<< (attaching is not possible as it's to large and so not allowed, the link may not be valid more than a few days)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the files. I couldn't open your DWG because it made my Autocad 2014 crash but I could reproduce your results with the DTK200. It has some issues with the scale in the northing (don't know the correct expression but it looks a little bit "gestaucht").

But the output quality is good enough (zumindest wuerde ich sie als gut bezeichnen).

However if I change to the DTK25 (WMS ist not publically available) with a larger scale the result gets worse. See Attachment. It looks fine in Autocad but not in the PDF. Same happens with OSM-WMS services.

What I wonder is if this is a problem of the WNS provider or of the software.

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> It has some issues with the scale in the northing

That might depend on the coordinate system, I have not looked what coordinate system would fit better to your needs.

>> However if I change to the DTK25 (WMS ist not publically available) with a larger scale the result gets worse.

Looking to your PDF I would say "never seen something like that" ... but as the service is not available I can't look into it.

>> Same happens with OSM-WMS services.

Well, that males it possible for us to compare results, Create a new drawing, connect to OSD, create a layout, set the viewports scale and run the plot-command. Upload the DWG and the PDF and I can compare it then.

>> What I wonder is if this is a problem of the WNS provider or of the software.

There might be some issues with the WMS providers (e.g. to get a connection or not), but when the connection is working the plot should work too.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost