AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer driver folder

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mjohnson520
1138 Views, 4 Replies

Printer driver folder

I have been printing to a plotter, a desktop printer and PDF for over a year now.  Suddenly, I can only print to the desktop printer.  The plotter and ADOBE PDF still show up in the printer name drop down box, but its like there's no connection.  Both the plotter and ADOBE print just fine from other programs...Word, Exel, etc.  So the cable, connection, IP address and everything between the computer and plotter is valid and working.

I assume there must be a printer driver folder or something hidden away in CAD that got corrupted. Anyone have any suggestions? 

See attached document.

Using Map 2009

MIchelle

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mjohnson520

is the network printer on you workstation still?

check you options: FILES>>>printersupport path>> printerconfiguration search path.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 5
wapa00

I am having the same issue.  I use to be able to plot all I wanted, but the last few days, when I plot, the computer will lock up and not respond.  Another issued witnessed is, I can get into the plot window, plotter is there, but just cannot plot, and eventually will go to the not responding screen and shut down.  Any help?

Message 4 of 5
mjohnson520

I have not been able to resolve any issues...aerial photo misalignment and the printing error.  Have to stick with CAD until the next budget cycle, but my boss is already considering purchasing other software for mapping purposes. 

Any other ideas to try?  driver folders, go back to prior drivers?

Message 5 of 5
Murph_Map

If it worked OK then stopped working then something on the workstation or network changed. Have you tried receating the pc3 files used for those. Use the Add plotter Wizard and create a new PC3 using the system printers setting.

As for the shp file and image being off look for an .idx file in the folder of the shape files with the same name, when you find it delete it and see if that fixes the misaligment.  That worked for a few others having the issue.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost