AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview and Plot doesn't work

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1065 Views, 6 Replies

Print Preview and Plot doesn't work

This one's a stinker.

I'm using AutoCAD Map 3D 2009.

I've created a simple drawing in CAD that contains a cropped JPEG, a two toned hatched polygon in behind it two MTexts overlaying all.

I cannot view them in either normal plotting, pdf format, jpeg format and even dwf. 

I've increased the ram used in the "Raster Extension Options" (2000 MB), I've set the plotting in the "Process Document" to "...In computer", I've saved it in older formats (2000/2004/2007), I've placed the drawing on both our public drives as well as the local, I've adjusted the "Raster and Shaded/Rendered Viewports" & "OLE" settings in the "Device and Document Settings" (None to Best).  Not to mention the other variations in the plot menu.

I've tried everything I can think of and have read through several threads here and nothing works.

What drives me nuts about this, is that I'm able to print from a layout with no problems a 3D drawing, with 2D hatching, an extensive title block with hatching and a secondary overall viewport (minimal detail) in the main viewport area.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Toggle on/off MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY, type it at the command line. Make sure you have all the updates/service packs for 2009.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Still didn't work.    the MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY didn't actually do anything, had to use "Transparency" at the command line, then I was able to toggle it.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

have you tried to convert the image to e.g. TIFF, reassign it to your drawing and plot this?

And one more idea: look for service-packs ... >>>here<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Either I already have all three patches or the downloads are corrupted.  I've decided to give up as I'm fairly certain if I were to spend any more time on this I'll have to go for a psychotic break rather than a coffee break.

I appreciate your suggestions and the time you've given me.

Have a good one.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried going to properties/custom properties in the plotter settings  and lower your resolutions. They may be too high for what you are trying to do. I know this has worked with PDF in some cases.

John

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for your input.  It is already set to 72 dpi, and if I try to set it to 50, I get an error message. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost