AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline to polygon to split polygon?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
goran.klensmeden
974 Views, 4 Replies

Polyline to polygon to split polygon?

I have a rather complex net of roads and parking lots in the shape of a hatched polyline (basically a whole city). I now want to create a polygon from this net, which I later on want to be able to edit and split into a number of polygons.

Anyone with experience from that sort of operations?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

My humble advice: _MAPEXPORT the N layers (linear, polygon, and so on) to N shapefiles, then perform that kind of boolean operations in the opensource Qgis, sir.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you!

I´ve been leaning towards that solution, but I really wanted to be able to solve it without exporting/importing. We´ll see how that works out! 🙂

/ Göran

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I now want to create a polygon from this net,

I even don't understand the job.

As I understand you have a line-theme describing streets, from that you want to create a polygonal theme? That returns the area between the street-lines (if the area is closed) .... does that make sense? Is that what you plan to do or what am I missing?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

@ALfred: Exactly! MAybe I expressed it alittle bit blurry, though. At the moment Í´m working with a different way of solving it by exporting the dwg to TAB and then use MapInfo. Works fine so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost