AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
CraigPalmer
Message 1 of 1 (187 Views)

Polygon object data changes upon export to SHP

187 Views, 0 Replies
06-03-2010 01:39 PM
I export building outlines to SHP format for ArcGIS work, and each outline had identifying object data attached. I've recently used the same system for a new project, and have found that many of the object data entries have been overwritten with the data for two specific buildings. When I detach the object data for those buildings, the object data in the shapefile is blank. In the AutoCAD Map file, no problems are evident in the object data. I usually work on 2008, but tested with 2010 and had the same results.
Does anyone have any ideas? Is the object data table corrupted somehow? Is there a solution which doesnt involve creating a new table and re-entering the data?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!