AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polygon centroid problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1166 Views, 4 Replies

polygon centroid problem

Hi all,

I have several mpolygons, that i want to query and bring some object data as well (as text). The problem is that when the centroid of the mpolygon is outside the outline, my text inserts outside, too. Is there a way to insert them "inside" the polygon? Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi from France

I haven't any MAP or CIVIL avallable during WE but

there is a special ADE command (since the first ADE module with ACAD R13/R12)

which is called :  ADETEXTLOC   ( Automatic repeat command )

So you have to use it on every MPolygon, closed Pline where the centroid seems to be outside

ADETEXTLOC will create a special XDATA which is in fact the "future" LABELPOINT

which will be used in your future query with properties alteration and text creation

(for example: .AREA , .LENGTH , .LAYER , or any Object Data Value)

Do you see what I mean ? I can't help you more without MAP/CIVIL running ...

Good Luck, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Patrice, that worked perfectly! the only problem is that I have too many polygons that I can't handle one by one. It would be perfect for my project (and my boss : | ) if there was an automatic way of indicating the new labelpoints, I'll stick to that solution however, for now! I salute France! Greetings from bankrupt Greece!

Colin

Message 4 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

For your problem, I am working like this ...

Command: MULTIPLE

Command to repeat: ADETEXTLOC

CLIC

and then Next object ...

<ESC> <ESC> to stop the repeated command ADETEXTLOC !

Sorry I don't konow how for exmaple a Lisp/VLisp routien could be better / faster !?

Bye, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: braudpat

I think there's no way to automatize the ADETEXTLOC process on many polygons at once, just because every closed object needs a new position clicked by hand.

Moreover, the ADETEXTLOC command doesn't know if a centroid lies inside or outside a polygon...

Merci beaucoup, monsieur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report