AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud Menu not visible

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2713 Views, 4 Replies

Point Cloud Menu not visible

I'm trying to access the style manager to allow classifying LiDAR point cloud based on elevation.  I have been able to attached the point cloud and see it on the drawing.  For some reason I can't see the Point Cloud Menu, which I believe should be showing up beside "Express" menu on the top toolbar.

Any suggestions?  I have AutoCAD Map 3D 2011.

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the Ribbon or just the old classic menus? What workspace are you in? Unless you manually create the menu item in the CUI I don't think there is a Point Cloud on it only on the ribbon.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi,

I've tried to customize the UI and I couldn't find the tool listed for Style Manager to change the way the Point Cloud is displayed.  I have attached a .pcg file.

I'm in the classic and both of the ribbon based workspaces.  I've attached the the screenshot from the video showing how to work with point clouds, as compared to how it looks on my desktop.

Any thoughts on why I can't find these tools to work with the point cloud?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

The "video" screen capture is of Autocad vanilla not of AutoCAD Map3D. Two different UI.

If you have the map task pane open and select the point cloud in the display manager the "Contexual tab" should open on the ribbon.

pointCloud.png

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

I think we're getting close, and relieved to hear that the feature is included in Map 3D.  I tried clicking on the layer in the Display Manager, however the point cloud menu was still not visible.  Please see screen capture attached.

Any other ideas on how to get access to the style options for the 3D point cloud?  I would like to adjust the colour based on the elevation, as it is very hard to visualize all the grey dots on the screen.

Thanks,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost