AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud Coordinate Definitions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
frosty1_4me
257 Views, 4 Replies

Point Cloud Coordinate Definitions

Hi,

I would like to know how to access the Autodesk Coordinate system list when assigning a coordinate system for creating the Point Cloud indexes.  Currently only the EPSG definitions are available which means any others that are defined in the Autodesk environment are not in the list of choices.   Seems to be an oversite imo.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

what version of Map 3D do you use? And have you tried ReCap to create your indexed file (>>>click<<<)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I have tried both Map 3d 2014 and the latest 2015 with the same issues.  I haven't tried ReCap, I'll have to look into that.

Message 4 of 5
frosty1_4me
in reply to: frosty1_4me

This issue I'm experiencing is still a problem in Map3D.   This is a bug.

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

>> I haven't tried ReCap

I have tried it, and as you cann see in my screenshot I do have more coordinate systems available than just EPSG ones 😉

2014-10-09 21-33-59.png

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost