AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting sid twisted view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lrdmorgan
313 Views, 5 Replies

plotting sid twisted view

I am in ACAD MAP 2008. I have loaded the raster design object enabler so that I can insert sid's through the map pull down menu.

So why can't I plot when I twist my view? It just sits there and curns for hours. the little chiclet bar never even gets a single chiclet up.

but I can plot just fine if my view is not twisted.
I am so frustrated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ekubaskie
in reply to: lrdmorgan

Have you tried it using a rotated UCS instead of dtwist?
Message 3 of 6
lrdmorgan

actually, that is how I did it, rotated the UCS and then did a plan view...I guess that is technically not twisted?
Message 4 of 6
ekubaskie

We generally use twisted to refer to a viewport rotated with the TWIST option of the DVIEW command.

Or my coworkers sometimes it to refer to me...

I use the UCS method, too.

Anyway, before you plot you might try to set the WCS current in the viewport.

Are you printing direct to the plotter? (Which one?) You might have some luck plotting to DWF and then printing from the DWF viewer. I do most of my plotting to PDF first via AcroPlot (plug for Rodney).

There may also be some corruption in the MrSID file. I've worked with a couple bad ones before. Sometimes they'd lock up, sometimes just crash; other times it would print OK but there would be a small square area of the image missing from the plot.
Message 5 of 6
lrdmorgan

I have tried printing directly to the plotter (HPdesignjet 5500ps)
and, in case it was a plotter issue, I tried to print to PDF.

in both cases, it just sat there churning for hours. (I went to lunch and came back and it was still churning.)

I will try setting the WCS current...haven't tried that yet. I will also try twisting another mr sid file and see if that one prints (to see if the file is corrupted, or if it is happening universally for me)

sigh...
Message 6 of 6
vansonly

I am also having the same problem with plotting SID images.

I have tried reducing the amount of tiles I used.
no dice

I have tried rotating my viewport using UCS.
no dice

I have tried upping the image memory usage in Map.
no dice

The only thing that plotted correctly was when I rotated the view back to zero after using DVIEW to twist.

I think it is a memory issue but can't be sure.

Please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost