AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot isometric monochrome

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Gruumsh3021
2103 Views, 4 Replies

Plot isometric monochrome

Hello, my DWG is set to monochrome.ctb. Everything prints ok except my 2 isometric 3D viewports which prints in its real color (visual styles are conceptual). Why don't they print also in monochrome? I saw a couple of discussions on that problem but the "hidden" and "hidden 3D" options in shade option isn't working...I want them to stay the same, just print in monochrome with screening! I read about some option called "hidden legacy" but can't find that anywhere...

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

you can control the indexed colors for AutoCAD (1-255) with CTB, you can't control true-color values. And that said all visual styles doing some type of rendering (and hidden-xxx also use the render engine) produce true-color appearance and can't be converted by any CTB-settings.

The only chance I see you have is if you have a driver to your output device that can be set to output the content as monochrome, then this driver converts the RGB-values (or CMYK-values) as shades of grey.

>> I read about some option called "hidden legacy" but can't find that anywhere...

What version of Map3D are you using?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply, I have Autocad Map 3D 2010....maybe that explains the hidden legacy not being available

Message 4 of 5
Gruumsh3021
in reply to: Gruumsh3021

This is what i'm talking about: the 2 viewports on the left get "influence" by the monochrome.ctb (which gives 173 and 175 colors different levels of screening). But the isometric views (conceptual style) on the right, prints with the real colors (173 and 175 being purple) and not influenced by the monochrome ctb...Why is that? What can I do so the they print the same grey as the ones on the left?

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

>> But the isometric views (conceptual style) [...] and not influenced by the monochrome ctb

Because they are shaeded/rendered and so they are display in true-color. True-color can't be controlled by CTB.

The only chance you might have is to set your printer-driver to monochrome/greyscale as the driver calculates then the shades of grey, but AutoCAD can only convert it's 256 colors from ACI (AutoCAD Color Index)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost