AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 11 of 13 (78 Views)

Re: Phantom OD Attached?

02-27-2014 11:47 AM in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hello

SORRY you right : I don't read correctly your post !

So during the MAPEXPORT, you must add the .ROTATION AutoCAD property : you will get the Rotation in Radian inside the SHP (or TAB or MIF-MID)

Then MAPIMPORT and you will get the Blocks and all the fields in OD (with the famous Rotation in Radians)

I know that all blocks are NOW horizontal !

Next step :

From a blank DWG (beware of the Units) you will use the drawings Group feature of MAP

and then you will define a Query that will draw the F204 block with a New rotation coming the Object Data field ROTATION !

Do you see that I mean ?

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

Valued Contributor
Gary_Braun
Message 12 of 13 (73 Views)

02-27-2014 12:00 PM in reply to: braudpat
I do see what you mean. It's an extra step or two but should get me what I need.
I'll let you know if I have further problems.
Thanks for your time Pat.
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 13 of 13 (69 Views)

02-27-2014 12:11 PM in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hello (Sorry for my bad US/English)

Sorry I have forgotten something ... The RADIANS "problem" !

In the blank DWG, please : UNITS are correct --- BUT you must set temporary the angle system as RADIANS !!

So when you will do the Query (in Draw mode) and says draw with a new rotation

coming from the MAP Object Data field ROTATION (which is in Radians) : NO PROBLEM !

After the Query in Draw Mode, you will set back the angle system to decimal or grads ...

I hope this will satisfy your needs !?

I am often doing this for the lack of ROTATION when doing MAPIMPORT ... If I have the ROTATION Info !?

Bye, Pat (Maybe a Kudos will be appreciated)

Bye, Pat

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.