AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel owners_One-to-many relation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
NTVF
492 Views, 6 Replies

Parcel owners_One-to-many relation

I work with cadastre (parcels) and my question is how to link multiple (more then 1) owners to one parcel?

I've started by creating simple access database with 2 tables: first one is Parcels_table with only Parcel_ID column, and the second one is Owners_table with Owners_ID, Parcel_ID (foreign key from Parcel_table), Name and Surname column.

Relationship between this 2 tables (parcel and owner, respectively) is one-to-many, meaning that 1 parcel can be owned by 1, 2 or more owners. Then I've created Query Parcel_Owners (in MS Access, not in Map) between Parcel_table and Owners_table to return all data from Owner_table with common attribute Parcel_ID. So far, everything works just great.

Than I've created polygon topology in AutoCAD Map, with Parcel_id as centroid; next, I've created link template called Parcel_ID (with access query Parcel_Owner, not with Parcel_table!) and generated links to all objects.

No, here is the problem! When I open the query Parcel_Owner from Map and do the spatialfilter to the parcels with multiple owners I get good results (filtered multiple owners).

But, when I create query in Map as a report, with expressions for report option e.g. Name@Parcel_ID and Surname@Parcel_ID , I get Name and Surname only for first owner from Query Parcel_Owners! There is no second, third... owner in result!

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: NTVF

@NTVF wrote:

I work with cadastre (parcels) and my question is how to link multiple (more then 1) owners to one parcel?

But, when I create query in Map as a report, with expressions for report option e.g. Name@Parcel_ID and Surname@Parcel_ID , I get Name and Surname only for first owner from Query Parcel_Owners! There is no second, third... owner in result!

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong, that's been a bug/issue in the last few versions of MAP3D. Running a report query will only return the first record when there's' a one to many, same thing happens with trying to do it with blocks attributes IIRC. If you can convert the data and geeometry to SDF or SHP format and use FDO you might be able to get the results you want.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
NTVF
in reply to: Murph_Map

Many thanks to you for quick response!  I'm working with Map 2012 and it will be more convenient for me to work with LT and topology, but I'll try with shape/sdf and FDO.

What do you expect, when they will get this issue fixed?

Again, Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map

@NTVF wrote:

Many thanks to you for quick response!  I'm working with Map 2012 and it will be more convenient for me to work with LT and topology, but I'll try with shape/sdf and FDO.

What do you expect, when they will get this issue fixed?

Again, Thanks!

I don't expect the issue to be fixed, it's the old ADE side of AutoCAD and that's dead as far as the development team cares.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: Murph_Map

Here's my trivial workaround, without any Access queries...
Message 6 of 7
NTVF
in reply to: antoniovinci

Antonio,

Thank you very much for your reply to my question! I was very confused on this subject, but when I looked at your solution, and I find it very useful. It's very simple, it's very efficient, it "it just works"...

Thanks and have a great day,

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
antoniovinci

You're welcome, sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost