AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned db records

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
twiebe
476 Views, 5 Replies

Orphaned db records

I am not sure if there is a good way to do this. I have acad objects linked to a db through the link template. This all works great, however I would like to know if there are records inside the db that have been entered and don't have an object that is linked. Essentially they are either orphaned or incorrect db entries. All my objects in the dwg have links and are valid. However the number of linked objects and the number of db entries doesn t balance. Is there a good way to find these entries in autodesk map? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Tim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
diane.cloutier
in reply to: twiebe

Hi Tim,

You could search the objects in DWG and mark them in the table.  Unlinked entries would then be unmarked.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 6
twiebe
in reply to: diane.cloutier

Hi Diane,

I have done this in the past as you have described, but when you start getting into larger data sets this method appears to be less stable and can potenitally hang or freeze up. I was hoping someone would know of a script or method that would look for unlinked or 'orphaned' records located inside the link template db that didn't require this approach. There should be a way to do this using lisp or the .net, however my programming abilities are not this developed.

I was only hoping autdesk would us the idea for further product development consideration.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tim

Message 4 of 6
luc.vanlinden

Not 100% clear to me which direction the unorphaned direction you are looking at but just a quick idea.

Query your drawing or drawings containing the unorphaned records.

Run a report query using the LPN value only.

Load this CSV format into your db

Write SQL to find unmatched records.

Luc

Message 5 of 6
twiebe
in reply to: luc.vanlinden

Hi Luc,

I haven't considered this as I was trying to find a solution that could be done from within autocad. This would be a better option for larger data sets.

Up until now, I have selected all the objects in autocad and then change a LT value in the properties tab. I would then go into the LT table and filter out the temporary change that I made. This worked really well, but as I said when have large object sets, it gets a bit sketchy in selecting and changing like values in the properties tab, there is also a potential to screwup all the records if you enter the wrong cell. Hope that makes sense.

Your suggestion is a safer option. A little more work, but I like it.

Thanks for your input.

Tim

Message 6 of 6
diane.cloutier

Hi Tim,

I am happy to see that Luc was able to provide an alternate solution for you.  Thanks, Luc!

Also here is the Autodesk Product Feedback link so that you can pass your ideas for future development on to the Product Managers:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost