AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset not working correctly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawn.mclaughlin
2831 Views, 2 Replies

Offset not working correctly

(I have tested this on both Map 2010 and Map 2014 but it could be happening in other AutoCad platforms)

when offsetting a polyline with a shallow deflection, the newly created polyline is created incorectly.

I have a 2 segment polyline with a 0D03'00" deflection. when I offset it, the vertex of the new polyline is created in the wrong location. On a polyline with a 0d04'00" deflection, offset works correctly.

If I explode the polyline, offset the lines and fillet them, the vertex is correct.

Attached is the final result. The red polyline is the polyline with a 3' deflection and the green polyline has a 4' deflection. when offset the vertex's should land at the center of the circles that are drawn but the red polyline vertex is incorrect by 0.00654456.

Is there a variable setting I am missing or something? Can it be fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I can confirm that ... and no, afaik there is no sysvar that can solve that issue, I see that as bug.

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

There is a system variable called OFFSETGAPTYPE. Could you experiment with different values for that and see if you get better results?

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost