AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Data Connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
259 Views, 2 Replies

ODBC Data Connection

I have an ODBC Data connection in Autocad Map. I'm pulling in data information about my company's land parcels. And for each Parcel there is anywhere from one to four lines of data. The problem is, for each of these lines of data, it should have example, " Report A", Line two should have "Report B" and so on. But when I connect to the table. It has multilple lines of data, but they all have the same thing from the first line. So it just repeats it's self. But I can pull the same data set into ArcInfo and it has all the mulitiple lines of data. You just have to have ArcServer to do a One to many join. Any help or ideas would be greatly apprecitated.

- Dan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a unique field in the data as the KEY field? What format is the
ODBC connection to (txt file, dbf, etc.)?

--

Murph
http://map3d.wordpress.com/

"DanielGarrett" wrote in message news:6336762@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have an ODBC Data connection in Autocad Map. I'm pulling in data
information about my company's land parcels. And for each Parcel there is
anywhere from one to four lines of data. The problem is, for each of these
lines of data, it should have example, " Report A", Line two should have
"Report B" and so on. But when I connect to the table. It has multilple
lines of data, but they all have the same thing from the first line. So it
just repeats it's self. But I can pull the same data set into ArcInfo and it
has all the mulitiple lines of data. You just have to have ArcServer to do a
One to many join. Any help or ideas would be greatly apprecitated.

- Dan
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have an unique field and everything. All that works just fine. I talking about the Data base information it's self. If I connect to the data (ODBC) connection. When I hit data view, the data is not correct. But I could open the same data table in Arc and it was correct. But I just went over and beat down the Data base guy and he refreshed his data and re-estalblished his connection and all is well again. This story is a lot more interesting and has some great details to it. But I don't have the time to write it all out. Maybe later. Thanks again for taking the time to helping a brother out. - Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost