AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not picking the highlighted object!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
drusselle
406 Views, 4 Replies

Not picking the highlighted object!!!!

I am using Map 3D 2012 and when I float the cursor over objects it highlights (which is great).  The problem is that when I click on the object that is hightlighted, it picks another object.  I have gone through the options and can't find anything that changes this.  Very frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: drusselle

Hi,

>> when I click on the object that is hightlighted, it picks another object

• What type of objects are you speaking from? Are that FDO-Elements (Map BulkFeature) or plain AutoCAD objects?
  • How far is the selected object away from the highlightet object? Is it just like duplicate objects on the same location or far away?
  • What's the setting for SELECTIONCYCLING and SELECTIONPREVIEW? What happens if you play with these sysvars?

[EDIT} additional question: you have installed SP1? [/EDIT]

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
drusselle
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The distance apart can vary.  They are simple AutoCAD objects.  I was trying to pick a line and it picked a blob of hatch 3 inches away.

I am trying the settings you mentioned and already I notice a difference.!!!

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: drusselle

Hi,

>> and already I notice a difference

Does that mean your issue is solved? Can you give us the sysvar and the value that you use now and that solved it for you?

Or are that just other objects it picks now?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
drusselle
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My current setting for SELECTIONCYCLING was -2 ???? Is there actually a real setting with a negative?

I have changed it to 2 now and like the option of being able to choose.  With the negative it would just highlight one object and if was the object I wanted to delete or pick I would just click on it but it often would pick something different.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost