AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feature from geometry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dkent
589 Views, 4 Replies

New feature from geometry

I am editing a shape file and have encountered a warning which reads "The selected acdb entities are not connected". Any ideas on how to check which entity this warning is trying to connect to?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dkent

Hi,

has anyone tried to work "offline" with that data (that drawing)?

If so there are cloned objects in the drawing and these objects can't find there original data .... just a guess, but if you can describe more detailed when this happen, with what type of data, at what command, .... the guessing will be more easy;)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
phil_borycens

This error sometimes appears when running Create from Geometry on multiple objects, but it might appear in other contexts. You might know this already, but if you run MAPCREATEFEATUREFROMGEOMETRY on multiple objects, the program tries to create a single Map Feature.

• You might analyze your selection -- maybe there is an issue with the geometry itself -- e.g., if polygons, are they closed?
  • Or have you inadvertently enabled Persistent Locking?
  • Or would running MAPCHECKINALL and doing a quick disconnect/reconnect to the feature source solve this?

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 5

One more thing I forgot to mention...

You can also delete the IDX file associated with your SHP to try to resolve this issue.

The IDX (index file) will get recreated by AutoCAD Map 3D next time you connect with the shapefile.

Sometimes that fixes issues like this one.

Thanks!

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 5
dkent

Thank you for the input. I deleted the idx file and it fixed my problem.Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost