AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Connection

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
354 Views, 7 Replies

MySQL Connection

I use Civil 3D 2008 and try to connect to MySQL 5; I did followed the instruction (copy libmySQL.dll) to ..FDO\bin) and updated the providers.xml. It still cannot connect to MySQL! It always prompt "unable to establish connection to provider". Why?
Anyone can successfully connect to MySQL?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What version of MySQL are you connecting to?

Officially Autodesk only support MySQL 5.0.22 and if you use the libmySQL.dll from a newer version, like the current 5.0.41 it won't work. But there is a workaround, you can connect to the current release, 5.0.41, if you use the old libmySQL.dll.
I got the old dll here so if you want it, just send me an e-mail. (mans dot beckman at manandmachine dot se)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi M_beckman,

Thanks! It works now.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hello
I nedd download this version to mysql. 5.0.22

How??????? thanks
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

You can find it here:
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-5.0

Cheers
Måns
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

See the picture please..

I use mysql 5.0.22, but is the same error
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

When I connect I don't use the ODBC settings like you, I just enter the IP of the server that I would like to connect to as the service name.

I just found out that the windows firewall can stop the connections so you will have to open some ports in it. Usually I just connect to my local computer to do demos so I hadn't noticed this before, but turning off the firewall on the MySQL server machine solved the problem.

Cheers
Måns
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost