AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilinestrint to linestring

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pg002a
613 Views, 5 Replies

Multilinestrint to linestring

HI

Is it possible to convert SDF(SHP or other format)multilinestring features to linestring features. I   tried to convert features back to dwg  polylines and all multilinefeatures where converted to  separate polylines, it seemed ok.  When I exported those polylines  back to sdf then again those polylines which initially where multifeatures remain multilinefeatures again after export.

Split feature command not helping much also.

Does it have some other way to do it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pg002a

Hi,

can you try _MAPIMPORT (to import the data from SHP into a DWG, the objects are then of type polyline) and then _MAPEXPORT to create a new SHP from that polylines?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
kajar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes i tried to convert it to dwg and then againt to SDF, SHP, SQLITE but those polylines are converted again as Multilinestring.

But in dwg those polylines are all separate.

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kajar

Hi,

>> But in dwg those polylines are all separate

How should then the export connect them to "multilines" if you export separated polylines?

Can you upload sample data so we/I can play with that?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6
kajar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I uploaded this  Sdf.

I have tried several times to export data to DWG with object data, before exporting those back to SHP  I erased also FeatId field, which was equal, but in SHP file lines are connected again. 

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kajar

Hi,

sorry to say, I see your problem, but without losing the object-data I can't export the geometry as "none multiline objects" too, sorry (just to confirm, maybe/hopefully anotherone see's a way to solve that).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost