AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL Server Layer geometry type not recognized by CAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cdaponte
389 Views, 1 Reply

MSSQL Server Layer geometry type not recognized by CAD

Hi all,

Were connecting to a MSSQL Server 2012 database with existing spatial data in geometry format using SRID 3005 (NAD83/BC Albers).  Layers are visible and can be added from the database using Data Connect within CAD.  Once the layer is added to the map, AutoCAD lists the layer as consisting of polygon, line, & point geometries in the layer legend, making it impossible to format the layer.  When adding the layer/table to the map, clicking on 'show geometry' does not indicate the presence of multiple geometry types.  The majority of our tables only consist of one geometry type and yet CAD does not appear to understand that is the case.

I can confirm that the data is stored correctly as we use Quantum GIS to access the data with absolutely no issue.

Is there a reference table CAD needs, or something are we missing something obvious.

thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gary_Braun
in reply to: cdaponte

I've given up ever being able to use the ArcSDE connection, so now am trying to edit my sql server data using the sql spatial connection and am running into the same issue. I can view and edit everything, but it's awkward because I'm not able to stylize or theme out my points layers because Map seems to think everything is a polygon. If anyone knows how to get around this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost