AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

- Mr SID File ...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
smvest
586 Views, 7 Replies

- Mr SID File ...

I know there have been a couple posts already on this subject but being the coordinate illiterate that I am ... I have tried the instructions given and the SID file still comes into the drawing in the incorrect location.  The coordinate of the SID is NAD 1983 UTM Zone 13M and my drawing is HARN Colorado State Planes, North Zone, US Foot.  I am using AuotCAD Map 2011.  This is starting to be a bit frustrating  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks,

~Sue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: smvest

1] open a new empty drawing

2] _ADESETCRDSYS , search and set "NAD 1983 UTM Zone 13M"

3] _MAPIINSERT your .SID image

4] save as NAD83_UTM13M.DWG and close

5] open your 'HARN Colorado' drawing

6] ensure that your _ADESETCRDSYS is set to "HARN Colorado State Planes, North Zone, US Foot" 

7] _ADEDRAWINGS and attach the NAD83_UTM13M.DWG 

8] _ADEQUERY -> Location -> All -> OK -> set Query Mode to "DRAW" -> click on "Execute query"

Message 3 of 8
smvest
in reply to: antoniovinci

I would like to say this worked ... but it did not.  The SID file is still very far north of where it should be in the drawing.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Sue

Message 4 of 8
antoniovinci

Are you 100% sure that your .SID is "NAD 1983 UTM Zone 13M"..?

Please check it out in the metadata file (I guess .XML extension) with the same name of the .SID one...

Message 5 of 8
thepworth

Sue,

An intermediate step from the previous posting is that you should "mapinsert" the UTM SID file into a drawing set up with meters units.

then attach and drawing query into the destination drawing set up in feet units.  is the position off by a scale factor of 3.28 - should be an immediate indication.

been a while since Comm-Tech, but now living in FC and working up in Cheyenne - back in the production world myself...

best of luck!

Todd Hepworth

Message 6 of 8
smvest
in reply to: thepworth

Is anyone willing to take a crack at this, just not working for me.  😞

Thanks,

~Sue

Message 7 of 8
thepworth

Sue,  Check with Ken, or open a service request directly and Nate/Roy/Zac should be able to help you with it... sorry 😞

Todd

Message 8 of 8
smvest
in reply to: thepworth

Tried it one more time ... Got it!!  Thanks everyone!!!

~Sue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost