AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPOLYGON fills on close

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
frosty1_4me
2133 Views, 18 Replies

MPOLYGON fills on close

Hi,

There are some issues with MPOLYGONs and the fill that is applied when they are closed.  I can turn off that behavior by setting FILLMODE to '0' when creating those objects but that does not help me to address legacy MPOLYGONs that already have the fill applied.  And if a user forgets to turn the FILLMODE back on, when creating PLINES with width those too will lose their fill. 

This was not an issue in MAP3D 2011, but I'm not sure when this behavior was changed.  It's certainly not ideal.   Being able to set the hatch pattern to NULL for the MPOLYGON type objects would be much better.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
frosty1_4me
in reply to: frosty1_4me

I have tried the polydisplay command but it does nothing even after regen.

Message 3 of 19
Gary_Braun

FILLMODE should work. Have you tried a regen after toggling it on or off?
Message 4 of 19
Murph_Map

@frosty1_4me wrote:

I have tried the polydisplay command but it does nothing even after regen.

Set the MPFILL to TRANS from the Other Predefined tab. The TRANS stands for Transparency. You can use Quick Select and select the current ones and then change the fill patterned from the properties palette. The PolyDisplay only works on newly created mpolgons. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 19
frosty1_4me

Thanks Murphy, I'll give that a try. The fill mode affects all objects with fill, not what I'm after.

I'll let you know how it works out.
Message 6 of 19
frosty1_4me
in reply to: Murph_Map

I tried the MPFILL but the TRANS that is listed shows a pattern and isn't transparent.   The polydisplay even when creating new MPOLYGONS does nothing and the MPOLYGON that is created after setting the polydisplay to Edge only still fills in solid.

Any other thoughts around this?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 19
braudpat

Hello

My suggestion : to have almost transparent MPOLYGON, I am using (since 12 years) the DOT pattern with a huge Scale = 99999  so I get (on the screen and on the paper after printing) only a small Dot somewhere in the MPolygon, but I don't care ...

History : MPOLYGON began with an optional module to install on MAP R5 based on ACAD 2002 ...

MPOLYGON have been included in the Kernel of MAP with MAP R6 always based on ACAD 2002 !

As far as I know, a few IMPORTANT things are missing to the "famous" MPOLYGONs of MAP :

- a REAL transparent pattern

- a LineWeight for the hatch pattern DIFFERENT from the general LineWeight

- a LineType for the hatch pattern DIFFERENT from the general LineType

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 19
frosty1_4me
in reply to: braudpat

I was hoping in 2016 this issue would be resolved.  I need to remove the fill from being generated in Mpolygons.  This is something that should be defined by the user not by the system.

Message 9 of 19
frosty1_4me

Oh, and the POLYDISPLAY command doesn't seem to do anything even after a regen.

Message 10 of 19
O_Eckmann

Hi,

in my MAP 2016, I draw a MPOLYGON, modify POLYDISPLAY to show only Border, regen => filling pattern is hidden. I save DWG file, close, re-open, and my mpolygon is only shawn with it's border. It works fine. French version of MAP 3D 2016 on French OS (Windows 7 x64)

I join my file

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 11 of 19
frosty1_4me
in reply to: O_Eckmann

When I open your attached dwg it shows the mpolgyon with a fill hatch.   Is there supposed to be one shown? 

If I draw an mpolgon, the fill is added upon closing of the poly, i then immediately use the polydisplay command and set that to 'Edge' only.  I regen and the mpolygon fill stays as it was after the creation of the mpolygon.

I've tried this in 2014 and 2016 map 3d with the same result.

Message 12 of 19
O_Eckmann

Hi,

did you install SP1 of AutoCAD 2016 (I say AutoCAD, not MAP) ? If yes uninstall it to have a fonctionnal MAP polydisplay command, because SP1 of AutoCAD breaks this functionnality.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 13 of 19

In my 2012 fill off/on. In my 2014, 2016 using a POLYDISPLAY filling off and more not displayed.

Possibly, POLYDISPLAY bug.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 14 of 19

Hi,

>> POLYDISPLAY command doesn't seem to do anything even after a regen.

This is a (multiple times reported) bug, changing the variable needs to close the drawing and reopen it, sometimes it's necessary to restart Map 3D (tried now again with 2016).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 15 of 19
braudpat
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

YES POLYDISPLAY action/feature depends from the ACAD / LT / MAP / CIVIL / etc and from the SP installed and from the version ...

With MAP or CIVIL, I try to never hatch MPOLYGONs so I have almost no problem !

Regards, Patrice (I am not an Autodesk Advisor)

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 16 of 19
frosty1_4me

How do you prevent the hatching of the Mpolygons?  I don't want them hatched ever but there doesn't seem to be anyway of preventing the hatch from being drawn when creating Mpolygons.

Message 17 of 19
braudpat

Hello from France

As far as I know, unfortunately Autodesk has forgotten the NO HATCH Pattern option for MPOLYGONs !

I began to use MPOLYGONs since MAP R5/R6 on ACAD 2002 and a long time ago (It was with MAP 2006/2007 if I remember well !?) I have discovered that with the DOTS Hatch Pattern and a very high Scale (for example 999999) factor for the hatch pattern, the hatch is materialized ONLY by ONE DOT at the centroid of the MPolygon ...

This DOT is always a pixel on screen and "the same" on paper when printing/plotting : it's acceptable for me !!

---> Maybe not for you !?

So for each DWG before creating any MPolygon or MAPIMPORT with the MPolygon Option = ON

I launch the command :

MPFILL

Pattern = DOTS

Scale = 999999

And now each new created MPolygon is OK for me !

Of course I never change the hatch pattern of my MPolygons after ... 

If you have "old" MPolygons, you can change their existing "bad" hatch patterns and scales ...

Do you see that I mean ?

Maybe my "poor" solution could help you ?

With this trick, I don't care with POLYDISPLAY !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
frosty1_4me

The No Hatch option is a must have.  Come on Autodesk, this is a real need when using mpolygons and since we cannot get away from mpolygons then this is something that is a huge need.  How about a SP release with this so we don't need to wait for another version.

Message 19 of 19
braudpat

Hello from France

With MAP ,they are many bugs to correct and features to "finish" so that for me,

the Hatch of MPolygons and the POLYDISPLAY problem are "nothing important" !

For ACAD MAP, please vote HERE (add Kudos in fact) : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-ideastation/idb-p/90

and/or please add your own wishes !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost