AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monochrome printing - 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andreijj
871 Views, 4 Replies

Monochrome printing - 2013

Hi!

I create som dwt, so i want to print the feature data in monochrome mode (to pdf). If i choose in the "plot window/plot style table"  the monochrome.ctb mode, the map layers still plotting color mode, only on the drawing layers working well the monochrome.ctb mode.

What is the solution?

In my opinion: Map layer = contains feature data

Drawing layer = contains drawing data

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: andreijj

Hi,

>> the map layers still plotting color mode

Because these are (mostly) visualized in true-color, so no CTB-conversion is enabled/possible.

If you need to print to PDF you might install something like PDFCreator (>>>click<<<, be careful only to install the PDFCreator and not other stuff bound in the installation package, I had troubles with that) ... and there you can then define custom settings (in AutoCAD plot dialog ==> select PDFCreator ==> right to the selected plotter click on "properties" ==> then "Cuistom Properties") to create B/W PDF's as output. So whatever color you had in AutoCAD will be converted to greyscale by the printer driver.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
andreijj
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you Alfred for your reply!

Before your message, i used the default "DWG To PDF.pc3" for the pdf printing, in that type does't find b&w mode. Now i'm installed the PDF Creator, restart the Map3D, so i can create pdf with this easily. In the Properties/Costum properties window is b&w mode, and it works almost fine. I have a problem with the pdf, exactly with the fills of the polygons in the pdf. I try to explain this:

Its would be solid, but this is look like a vector elevation model "TIN"....everywhere is triangulars, which comes from the boundary vertex (insert image). 

- In the earlier Map3D (maybe 2011) met with this problem, if i print color mode with te default DWG to PDF printer, and the MapGuide Studio is create some "inner lines" if i used filled polygon symbols -

Thank You in Advance!

PDF_Creator_bw.png

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: andreijj

Hi,

>> I have a problem with the pdf, exactly with the fills of the polygons in the pdf

Can you upload that PDF? With thin lines in filled areas we already know from some threads here that in most cases the settings of the viewer (Acrobat Reader) needs changing the display settings.

You can look also to >>>that thread<<< showing similar problems.

Another option might be to plot to DWF, then open the DWF with DesignReview and plot it to PDF. I know it's a workaround with more steps, but at least it's a way usually giving the results needed.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
andreijj
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi, 

I set off the Adobe Reader about your earlier post, and now it works very well. The deafult CAD pdf "printer" still the best for me, because for viewing of the pdf files doesn't recommend any settings in the Adobe Reader (or another pdf reader). In my case, the DWF solution is out of the availability, because this is to "complicate" and "difficult" for the end-users (it's seem to me great).

See the inserted pdf, it's created from SHP with PDF Creator.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost